Friday, June 29, 2012

Charlotte - Columbia - Charleston

Here it is, Part III! This is the final recap of my crazy weekend from Charlotte - Columbia - Charleston.

If you missed them, here's Part I and Part II.

So from where we left off...

After the wedding Saturday night, Matthew and I stayed in North Charleston. We got up Sunday morning and drove back to Isle of Palms (I had forgotten a few things at the house) and then into downtown Charleston to do some exploring. Neither of us had ever been to Charleston, so it was pretty exciting.





Once we arrived downtown, we parked and walked around the Battery and made our way towards the resturants and shops.





Of course we stopped and played in a few fountains.






Then we walked through the Charleston City Market.



We didn't have a ton of time, so before long we were headed back on the road to Columbia. We made a quick stop at my new apartment so Matthew could see it as well as the campus. After lunch, he had to drive me straight back to the airport in Charlotte so I could catch my 6:15pm flight :(.

My airport experience was a little crazy: flight delay, almost missing my flight in Atlanta, and lost baggage all made the trip a little too exciting.

But, I made it back to Omaha and got to spend a little bit more time thinking about South Carolina on Monday because I was able to get a ticket to the final game of the College World Series where the Gamecocks played Arizona Wildcats.


Unfortunately South Carolina lost and the championship series was over, but it was such a fun experience.

Now its back to the real world. I've counted down the days and only 25 more work days until I make the trip back south again -

this time for good!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a quick, but FUN trip! The countdown til you're home is ON girl! Just a month-ish whoop whoop!!!

    ReplyDelete