Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Charlotte - Columbia - Charleston

I'm Back!

Part 1.

After a great vacation, I am finally back in Omaha and getting closer to catching up on sleep. I'll rewind and give you  a nice little recap of my quick trip to Charlotte - Columbia - Charleston and back!

The adventure began Thursday, when I took a half-day off of work to catch a 1:30 flight out of Omaha.


After a two-hour layover in Atlanta, I made it to Charlotte around 8:30 pm where my parents and little brother were waiting to pick me up. We stopped for a late dinner on the way home, reached Archdale around 11:30pm and Aaron and I worked on loading up the car with as much of my stuff from college as possible to move into my new apartment in Columbia.

I guess those of you who do not know...

I have officially decided to attend the University of South Carolina next year to get my Masters in Public Health
Very exciting, right?! Now I have a plan for after Omaha (T-27 work days left!) I am extremely excited about starting my MPH and after spending this past year working in a College of Public Health, I know I am really prepared to begin this next chapter in my life.

Sooooo, because we were heading down to Charleston for my college roommates wedding, my parents and I thought it would be a great time to visit the campus, drop some stuff off at my new apartment (I already have a roommate, a friend from UNC), and explore the city.

First of all, my apartment is amazing. Its so close to campus with plenty of room, great appliances, all wood floors, just amazing

I only took a picture of the outside of the building, but I promise once I've moved in, I will share more.


After some unloading, we walked over to campus and spent some time exploring. 




The campus was so beautiful and reminded me of a mix between UNC (with the big old buildings and trees) and NC State (being in the middle of the capital city).

I really am so excited for next year. I'll begin my two-year program, thankfully back on the east coast, near family and friends.

That's all for now. I'll return soon to fill you in on the trip to Isle of Palms and then downtown Charleston.

No comments:

Post a Comment