Sunday, September 9, 2012

Gamecock Football!

On Saturday I had my first experience with Gamecock Football! The first home game was this weekend and I was really excited to go to my first SEC game. At UNC we had some great basketball but football was pretty sub-par, so it was kind of a big deal to go to a game where the team is nationally ranked (currently 9th!)

My roommate Jess and me pre-tailgating.
The game was at noon so we had to get up pretty early. Jess's boyfriend Tyler has some friends that have tailgating spots so we headed out bright and early at 8:45 am to head over to the field.

We spent about 3 hours eating lots of yummy food, playing cornhole, and just hanging out in sunshine before heading over to Williams-Brice Stadium to watch the Gamecocks take on the ECU Pirates.


The stadium was huge and it was such a beautiful day. But I have to admit, it was so strange seeing so much red (or garnet as they call it around here). I sure did miss my carolina blue.




The game was a lot of fun but it was really freakin hot. So we made it to about half time and then headed out...we were also kicking some pirate booty and it wasn't much of a game :).

Final score: 48-10, Gamecocks!




1 comment:

  1. Ahhh I miss those kind of days! Hope you had a blast love. Miss you so so much!

    ReplyDelete