Monday, September 17, 2012

A Weekend in Raleigh

Blah, blah, blah its Monday...I hate coming back to reality.

But I am coming back from a wonderful weekend. Because I only have classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I was able to head home for an extended weekend in Raleigh on Thursday afternoon. Matthew works every other weekend so when we get the chance we try to take advantage of our time together.


I headed home on Thursday and we ate dinner at a chinese restaurant in nearby Brier Creek.

Friday morning we were out bright and early running a few errands and then headed over to Lake Johnson for a 4.5 mile hike with the Colbs.

Errands included getting my first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the fall season!
After coming in and getting cleaned up, Matthew had planned a date night for the two of us that included dinner over looking the Raleigh skyline at Boylan Brew Pub and drinks and live music after at Tir Na Nog.


Saturday morning we headed to Greensboro to spend time with my family - this included a walk with all three dogs in my family (Peety-Aaron's dog, Avery-Rachael and Jared's dog, and Colby) to Yum Yum's for lunch and ice cream. After our circus of a walk, Matthew and I headed to see his family in Liberty to spend some quality time with his mom and dad and enjoy an amazing home cooked meal.

Sunday was an amazing lazy Sunday. We got an early lunch in Chapel Hill with some friends from high school, made a stop at Southpoint to pick up a few last minute things before my brother's wedding this weekend, and spent the rest of the afternoon on the couch watching football. For dinner, we cooked Mahi Mahi (that his dad had caught on a fishing trip), roasted red potatoes, and steamed asparagus. YUM.


It was so hard to leave Monday morning and head back down to Columbia, but I made it back down here and have been working on catching up and preparing for the week ahead.

This weekend was so relaxing and enjoyable and next weekend will be an exciting time because my brother and Rachael are getting married! So much fun coming up!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like yall had such a great weekend! I miss yall sooo much it's ridiculous. Have a great day at school tomorrow and let's chat soon :)

    ReplyDelete