Thursday, September 6, 2012

Catch Up

Well this has been one heck of a week of catch up!

Last weekend, being Labor Day weekend, meant it was a weekend of celebration. A group of girls and I headed east to the beach to celebrate the beautiful bachelorette, Kathryn. After that weekend, it was so hard to get up and go to class Tuesday and Thursday and get back in the gym. It doesn't help that I am still trying to get into a groove here in Columbia, but its starting to get better.

Bachelorette Weekend at Caswell Beach, NC

There's not a better way to describe this past weekend than to say it was one heck of a vacation [ I definitely felt like I was in college again.] I really didn't take many pictures, just trying to soak up the great company and relaxing atmosphere. (Hopefully Kathryn will put up a recap soon ; )

We did enjoy long beautiful days on the beach...

There may or may not have been some tumbling, stunting, and aerobics going on 
and some great nights enjoying the sunset on the roof.


There may have been a little of this as well...


Such a wonderful time :). I am so so so excited about the wedding in December - I love you so much girl!

Back to Columbia

As I said earlier, it was pretty hard to get back into the routine and return to life in Columbia. It has been so strange to move straight from Nebraska to South Carolina, I still don't feel like I have a home, that my life is in transition again and will be for the next two years. But, I am trying to make the best of it and enjoy my time here as much as I enjoyed Omaha.

So Colby and I have been trying to venture out more and explore not only the university area but also downtown. I was told by a local about a really great place to get the best ice coffee in town and it turned out to be a little under a mile away from my apartment so Colby and I harnessed up and walked over there the other day.

It was the cutest little place called Paradise Ice and the ice coffee was To.Die.For.





I really do love the location of my apartment, I can literally walk any where. Our little afternoon walk was such a delight and I am now in love with this ice coffee. I can guarantee that Colby and I will be making a trip back.

Were getting settled into the new city and will hopefully have many more adventures to come.

Now that I am all caught up - hopefully my updates will come with a little more regularity. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment