Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Saying our goodbyes to Omaha

Yesterday, around sunset Colby and I made it out to the Lewis and Clark Monument, an overlook of Omaha from Council Bluffs, Iowa.

I just recently found out about this place and really wanted to make a trip out there before I headed back home and man was it worth it.







The pictures really don't do the view justice, but it was a nice quiet way for Colby and I to begin saying our goodbyes to Omaha.

As I am getting ready to leave, I am excited about the next chapter in my life but am so thankful for the year I spent here. I learned so much about myself and working with other people as well as being independent and living alone 2,000 miles from my family and friends.

I also really grew to love the city. I feel like I know Omaha better than any place I have ever lived. My Americorps program did such a great job getting us out and and experiencing different parts of the community and made experiences fun in new ways. Its kind of funny but being really poor and volunteering for the US gets you in to a lot of places free.

But most of all I will really miss the friends I made this year (especially these two girls).


We've all had some great adventures out here that I will remember forever.

Only 6 more days left in Omaha...

No comments:

Post a Comment