Wednesday, August 22, 2012

One Big Craft Project

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Today is my last official day of summer as tomorrow is my first day of school as a graduate student!

I am so excited and a little nervous, but I definitely feel like its time to be back in a classroom. After undergrad I was just so tired and burnt out of school that I really needed a break. Americorps and Omaha was a great break and definitely reminded me how much I love being a student and I missed it so much....and now I'm back!

The first two days this week I sat through a lot of orientations. Orientation to my department, to USC, to the Arnold School of Public Health...etc. It was a little mind numbing but I have already had the chance to meet many of the faculty and other masters and doctorate students and I really think this is going to be a great two years.


Besides sitting through meetings all day, I have been working on setting up my new room. I had everything pretty close to where I wanted it and then decided to paint my dresser, so my room has been one big craft project the last couple of days.



I have this great balcony off of my room so I have to take everything out one at a time and paint it, let it sit for a day, paint another coat, and let it sit again. It has been so humid here too its hard to get the paint to completely dry.


Its definitely a work in progress but I really hope to have it all finished by tomorrow before classes start. I promise to feature a tour of my room and apartment as soon as everything is in its right place!

Other than all of that, it has just been a lot of hanging out for me and Colby. I have her right now which is nice because she is one heck of a guard dog in new places.


Hopefully you all have a wonderful Wednesday...my next post will probably be about my first day of classes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment