Thursday, August 23, 2012

First Full Day!

Yay today was my first day as a graduate student!!!


Classes officially started today (Thursday, Aug 23) and I made it through my first full day!

Dorky mirror picture.

Walking into the building of my first class at USC.

I have to admit, being a grad student does have some perks...I had three classes today but I only have classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays so I am not complaining.

It is pretty crazy that following class today I have a four day weekend and right now I don't have much to do in the order of homework (although I am sure that will change when things get moving).

The classes I had today were pretty small and laid back and its nice that I feel like the professors treat us more like colleagues than students. The other students in the class seem to take it all pretty seriously, but other than that it doesn't feel much different than undergrad.

I did really feel like a big girl today, which was a lot of fun so hopefully that's what having my masters will be like (feeling like a big girl more often?) Who knows...it was just so nice to be a student again and be in a classroom learning about topics that really really interest me - like how to work on changing the behavior of a community to implement healthy living programs to improve quality of life - I just eat that kind of stuff up!

So I guess I can say that so far I am one happy camper, hopefully I will feel the same way after class day #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment