Wednesday, July 11, 2012

4th of July Wrap Up

**Disclaimer: This was written on Monday...its just taken me a little while to move along and publish it...its been a busy week.

Oh man, does today feel like Monday. It was harder to get up today than it has been in an awful long time. But hey, one Monday down....only 4 more left before I head home!

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July week/weekend. I know I kept myself busy.

On the 4th, I spent the day at the pool and headed over to a co-workers for an evening cookout plus fireworks.




On Thursday, I was lucky enough to have the day off so Jamie and I got up early and met at the Wabash for a 20 mile bike ride. 10 miles to the town of Mineloa and back. It was such a beautiful morning and a great way to wake up.



 Good morning Iowa!





That afternoon I hit up the pool again with Kari.


Friday we all worked at a Habitat for Humanity House. I have never had the opportunity to volunteer building and had such a great time. I spent the time basically tearing down old insulation and shoveling out concrete from an old back porch...a lot of physical work but lots of fun! I would definitely do it again.


On Saturday, Jamie and I headed back out to the Wabash to push ourselves a little bit farther and got in a 30 mile bike ride. Another beautiful morning.


I was pretty sore after all of that bike riding and spent Sunday lounging around in bed with Colby. It was a great relaxing way to finish up the weekend.

Hope your week is off to a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment