Friday, June 15, 2012

Second Bag of Veggies

Happy Friiiiidayyyy!!

Got to love the last day of the workweek! This weekend is especially exciting because the College World Series kicked off last night and games begin tonight.

Saturday I plan on trying to make it to the South Carolina v. Florida game - if the rain holds off. We've been having some pretty ugly weather that last few days and according to the weather channel, the weekend isn't suppose to look too different.

Nothing this week has stood out as too interesting - thus the lack of blogging - but I did receive my second bag of CSA veggies:


This week was a great bag.

Farm Fresh Cheese 

Cinnamon Chip Bread from Great Harvest Bread Company Omaha, NE  
  
Lettuce from Wenninghoff Farms, Omaha, NE

Flavorino Tomatoes from Garden Fresh Vegetables, O'Neill, NE
  
Beets from Princeton Produce, Princeton, NE

Summer Squash from Good Natured Family Farms, Kansas

New Potatoes from Johnsons Farms, Northbend, NE

Bunching Onions from Grandview Farms, Lincoln, NE

It even came with a cute little shirt. I have no idea how I am going to eat all of these veggies before next Wednesday. 

I also have some packing to do before next Wednesday because I am headed back home!! [for a very very short time] One of my college roommates is getting married! Its going to be a great weekend vacation and some time to visit with my family and Matthew. I am really, really looking forward to next week!

Also, some new Americorps volunteers are starting their service next week. The second-year of the grant is beginning (even though I still have a little over a month to complete the first-year). Its exciting that we will have some fresh blood around the office - crazy to believe its almost been a whole year already!

Besides the baseball game, I don't have much in the form of plans this weekend, but I am looking forward to cuddling with this little bugger.


My goodness she leads a tough life, doesn't she?

I am also really getting into the second book in the GWTDT (Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) series: The Girl Who Played With Fire. Its getting ridiculously good and I can not put it down! 

Hope everyone has a similarly relaxing weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had fun at the game and just an overall great weekend! The Girl Who Played With Fire is sooo good! I liked it more than the first so enjoy!

    ReplyDelete