Monday, June 11, 2012

Kickoff of Summer

Happy Monday Everyone!

Another start to another week with the days flying by...

Only 10 more days until I head home and to Charleston for my college roommates wedding! And then it will be July and then it will be almost August and...

but who's counting? :)

Back to this weekend...

I packed in a lot of fun this weekend and you know when that happens the weekend seems to fly by. All the rukus kicked off Friday afternoon with a trip downtown to the Omaha Arts Festival. I love living downtown because its so easy to walk everywhere - this festival just happen to be taking place just a few blocks from my apartment!




Not only was art out on display, but a bunch of small concerts were held and we got to listen to some great local music.

Saturday was probably my favorite day of the spring/summer season so far. I spent the day with Kari at the pool. I don't think I could have been much happier (unless it included a {mimosa and Kathryn}) :).


Sunday started early with a long walk with Colby and a bike ride over to Kari's to meet with her and another VISTA, Lisa, to head off on a long ride exploring Omaha by bike. We ended up covering about 15 miles.



On our way back we stopped at a cute little coffee shop in Dundee and rewarded ourselves. I went for the Cookies and Cream frap and a chocolate chip muffin!



Hopefully this weekend was an example of how the rest of the summer will be. I would not be upset if every weekend looked this way. I am pretty sure Saturdays at the pool and Sunday bike rides are here to stay for a while.

Here's to enjoying the less than two months I have left in Omaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment