Thursday, May 3, 2012

My trip to South Florida

I'm Back!

Last week I spent the most relaxing and enjoyable 5 days in South Florida with two of my favorite people. Kathryn and Greg (and Maya) graciously opened their house to me and let me hang out from Wednesday - Monday. I had such a GREAT time, it was the perfect break from Omaha.

My picture taking was a little sporadic and this post probably won't do the trip justice, but check out Kathryn's blog and you will get a more well rounded idea of how last week went down.

(I also stole a few pictures from Kathryn)

Wednesday:

I arrived in Boca!


After being picked up from the airport and a quick drive-through tour of the town, Kathryn and I headed to happy hour (of course).



We hopped around a few different places...just enjoying the amazing weather and the great company. We stayed out until Greg meant us for dinner and were able to walk back to their house because this adorable little park was right across the street.

Thursday:

Beach Day! Kathryn and I headed out on bikes, while Greg had to work, and headed over to their favorite beach spot. We spent a few hours laying out in the sun, then biked to Deerfield to enjoy some yummy lunch (and fruity drinks!)

 


Friday:

Grego was able to hang with us on Friday, so we headed over to West Palm Beach and drove through the ridiculous neighborhoods and pondered over why these people had so much money. We also walked around Worth Street and took part in a mini-photo shoot.






Saturday:

On Saturday we headed down to Miami. We were able to get a hotel thanks to Greg, and didn't have to rush down Sunday morning for the race. Our adventure's in Miami included: dinner at the best Cuban restaurant in town, Versailles, and a trip in the new Marlin's stadium.











Sunday:

Sunday was race day. When the alarm went off at 5 am, we could have swore there was a hurricane going on outside. But, we toughened up and headed out to Key Biscayne. We ran the half in non-stop rain and it was surprisingly enjoyable. We ended with a great time and even a new PR!






Sadly, on Monday I had to catch an early flight out west. I was sad to leave, but I am already counting down the days until I move back east. Only three more months left in Omaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment