Monday, April 23, 2012

Fun Long Runs?

Good morning Monday!

Normally I am not this happy and chipper and ready to get work done on a usual Monday morning, but this Monday morning is the start to an amazing week! I leave for Boca very early Wednesday morning and I cant not wait!

But first, I'll recap the exciting parts of the weekend.

Saturday:

Saturday was centered around a LONG run. I planned on only trying to knock out 18 because of my set backs with injuries but something just felt so right and somehow an amazing 19 happened! That was the longest run I have completed since the Gettysburg Marathon last May and it felt great!

I averaged a 9:49 per mile, the fastest average of all my long runs in training. Long distance running is so strange. Some runs are easy and enjoyable while others are so painful and just miserable from the first step. Thankfully this run was actually kind of fun.

After my run and an ice bath, I only had about an hour to recuperate before heading off to City Sprouts to volunteer for Earth Day. An Americorps volunteer that I work with acts as a coordinator at City Sprouts (a local community garden) and she had organized a children's garden party so I tagged along to help.








Photos curtsey of Nebraska Americorps Programs

Sunday:

Sunday was spent trying to recuperate from the lack of recuperation on Saturday. My legs were sore. Colby and I spent the day mostly in bed and took a nice long walk downtown before dinner. This is my favorite time of day (just before dusk).







Now its already Monday and much work must be done! I'll be done in Boca on vacation before you know! Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment