Thursday, May 31, 2012

Back on Track

Is it just me or is this short week creeping by a little too slow? After my wonderful weekend with Matthew, all I really want to do is fast-forward to August and move on home. But I'll take it day-by-day and blah, blah, blah...

So just a quick re-cap of the weekend.

Matthew arrived Friday night (11:30pm!) in Kansas City and we still had to drive the three hours back to my place in Omaha - so Friday was a late night. But I surprised him pretty good when I showed up at the gate holding this.


We spent Saturday and Sunday walking around downtown, visiting the Farmer's Market and my favorite coffee shop (Aromas), eating yummy dinners, and just spending time together with Colby. It was such a wonderful weekend and Monday came way too quickly. Now after that little tease of a visit (just 2 1/2 days :( ) I am ready to wrap up this year and head back south-east.

But before I completely wish these last two months away, I really want to make the best of my time left here in Omaha. So after Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of moping around, sad that Matthew and my family and friends are so far away, I'm finally getting back on track.

I've buried myself pretty deeply in work - because trust me, right now there is plenty to do. I'd really like to begin wrapping up my work and putting a pretty little bow on it so this year has a complete feeling at the end.


I even joined in on some volunteering last night for the Great Plains Theater Conference as an usher with some follow Americorps. I'm trying to keep myself busy again, so I am also working tonight (Thursday) and Friday.



And I finally got back into working out. After the Fargo Marathon, I took a nice, long, much needed week [and a few days] off. And once you get used to being a lazy couch potato, its hard to motivate yourself to get up and move again. But last night I'd had enough and went out for my first run since the 26.2.


I even sported the jacket we got for participating in the Fargo Marathon.


It wasn't the smoothest of runs and my legs were pretty stiff but the three miles were nice and easy and the temperature being in the mid-60's was perfect. It's pretty exciting knowing that I can just run for fun now! (Although of course, you know me, I'm already planning my next half...High Country Triple Crown Half Marathon in Boone anyone?)

Hopefully now I have enough fuel to push through the last two-months out here and then its off on a new exciting adventure for the next two-years...grad school!

A post to come on that later...

Have a great Thursday - Friday is just around the corner :).

No comments:

Post a Comment