Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Race Recap

So this past weekend I went home to the great state of NC. The weather was so beautiful, 70's all weekend, and it was amazing to see my family and friends!

But one of the main reasons I headed south(east) for the weekend was to run in the Cannonball Run Half Marathon!


This run took me through beautiful Greensboro on a perfect fall morning, honestly it could not have been better weather.



I came to run with Kathryn, who had a large support group of close friends who ran with us, and it was great to have my parents and Matthew there to cheer us on.

It was my first "official" half marathon and it was so much FUN! Much much more fun than the full marathon I ran last May. 13.1 miles is just such a great distance, enough to challenge you but not enough to hurt. 

All in all, it was a fun successful weekend.




I think I'll do another couple of half marathons before I run my next full: (dun dun dunnn) The Fargo Marathon in Fargo, North Dakota on May 19, 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment