Saturday, October 15, 2011

Fall Has Arrived.

One of my favorite things to do in the fall is be outdoors and finally fall arrived this week in Omaha. Cooler weather, leaves changing....fall is one of my favorite seasons and this weekend has been full of fall activities!

On Friday afternoon, a group of my crazy friends here in Omaha decided to bike from Iowa to Missouri on the Wabash Trace Nature Trail.


Now granted, I thought they were a little nutty biking across the state of Iowa (which is going to take them 3 days) but I quickly changed my mind when I saw the trail. It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL.


I had decided to take Colby with me - in hopes that the trail would be nice to walk down with her and give her little doggie legs a stretch and boy were my expectations far exceeded. 


This trail was so perfect to let Colby off of her leash and just let her run. She listened to directions so well and I felt completely comfortable just letting her sprint back and forth.


Colby even tried to make friends with these guys. I loved how the horses were right off the trail, I felt like I was back home on a farm. I really enjoyed our walk and plan to go back many more times to try to get in a few long runs before all the leaves fall off the trees and snow covers the trail.

Friday night, I got the chance to go with a few other VISTA's to a haunted house just outside of Omaha. I am not the biggest fan of jump-out scares, small spaces, and strange people invading my personal space but it wasn't too bad...a night of a couple good scares. And letting yourself get scared every now and then is healthy, right?

All of this is getting me really excited for Halloween!!






I love Halloween and everything about it! I can't wait to carve pumpkins and sip hot cider...but what to be this year??? And Halloween not spent in Chapel Hill on Franklin St....this year will be interesting.




1 comment:

  1. Morgan, we loved your visit and miss you already. Thanks for helping us stay connected through your wonderful blog (your kicking Jared's butt!).

    ReplyDelete