Monday, August 22, 2011

Oh the places you will go...

So I am currently sitting in the Omaha Airport (Epply Airfeild), ecstatic to just be on a computer! Matthew and I left early EARLY on Thursday morning from my house in Archdale (about 5 am) and headed with full cars out west! After a few bathroom breaks for Colby, a couple of food stops, and about 19 hrs, we finally made it to Lansing, Kansas (my Uncle's house). We arrived about 10:45 central time (I already miss eastern time) and visited with the fam for a little while and then passed the heck out. It was so great to see my Uncle Kirk and Aunt Michelle and the littlest of my cousins- Sam, who is a ball of fire-3 yr old.

At about 10 am, we left Kansas and headed north to Omaha. We had to take a small detour (due to the crazy flooding Missouri) and in about 4 hrs made it to "...somewhere in middle america..."

We have had some difficulty at my apartment: it is very very very small, we have no A/C, no internet/cable set up, no furniture, no dishwasher, the area is a tad sketchy...etc. but everyday things are getting a little bit better. I love the buildings in downtown and last night Matthew and I stumbled into the Old Market area and I fell in love with everything, the brick building, the outdoor restaurants, the live bands, and the best part is that its only about 10 blocks away or a half mile walk from my apartment!

I am heading to Denver today to attend PSO training for my job and will be heading back to Omaha on Thursday. While I am gone, Matthew and Colby are holding down the fort and hopefully when I return there will be A/C installed, cable and internet hooked up, and a bed delivered! Keep your fingers crossed!

I promise I'll include pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment