Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving from Omaha

We did it! Matthew and I survived our first Thanksgiving dinner together, just the two of us. 
(and the Colbs of course)

The day started out with our First Annual Thanksgiving Colby 5K! I couldn't find a Turkey Trot within an hour, so we decided to create our own 5K around downtown.



After our morning run, it was turkey prep time. Matthew was in charge of turkey detail because that was one thing I refused to ruin.



Matthew trying to find the liver.
Once the turkey was in the oven and cookin', I started on the most important part of the meal...the dessert! [I wasn't very creative with this one] Matthew's mom makes the most amazing vanilla cake with chocolate icing so I decided I would make the box version a version of that.



After the dessert was finished, it became more of a prep and wait game. My mom always told me the most hectic part of preparing Thanksgiving dinner is the last 20 mins...so we prepped for the last 20 minutes.

Mashed potatoes
Green bean Casserole
Rolls
After about 3 1/2 hours cooking, our turkey came out warm and beautiful.


So began the last 20 minutes of craziness, aka trying to cook everything else, which eventually resulted in this:


A pretty darn good attempt at our first Thanksgiving dinner. I, of course, loaded up my plate and went back for seconds of everything.


After we both stuffed our faces, we still had way too many left overs. Looks like I'll be eating Thanksgiving dinner for the next week.

The rest of the afternoon consisted of lots of football...


And lots of napping...

"I have such a hard life"
Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment