Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Beginning -

So my world is about to do a complete 180. Not only did I just officially finish school and leave the triangle area (my home since I left the nest at 16), but I am about to enter the real world in a place far, far away. Although it may be strange, I am moving 20 hours away from NC to Omaha, Nebraska.




First of all, I am not traveling to Omaha just for the heck of it. I will be volunteering for the year with Americorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) for Metropolitan Community College doing Public Health Outreach. For those of you who know me well, you know I plan on applying to a school of public health for grad school so hopefully this job will be a perfect fit!

Also [just as exciting] Matthew will be coming with me to Omaha! He will be joining me from August until hopefully Christmas time, when he will then head back to NC to fight crime with the Raleigh PD.
Spring 2007


Spring 2011
 And of course the baby girl will be along for the journey.

Miss. Colby Jack Lambe

So, hopefully this blog will be my connection to keep up with friends and loved ones. And-because no one I know, knows anything at all about Omaha-I hope to share my experiences in the corn huskin' country with those on the east coast. Hopefully interesting things are to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment